Formula 1 returns from the summer break to one of the season's most historic circuits, Spa-Francorchamps. Here’s everything you need to know to plan your weekend at the 2019 Belgian Grand Prix.
- Circuit opening times for 2019: Friday, August 30 (06:00-22:30), Saturday, August 31 (06:00-22:30), Sunday, September 1 (06:00-20:00)
- Just four gates provide entry to Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. The La Source and Ster gates are best for most of the Gold grandstands, while Combes is best for Silver 4, Speed Corner and Bronze general admission areas. Finally, Blanchimont provides the best access for the "17-27" area. Click here for circuit maps.
- Entry requirements: here is a list of allowed and prohibited items at the 2019 Belgian Grand Prix. Spectators are subject to bag checks at the entrance gates:
- Allowed: food and drink including alcohol (no glass containers), flags, personal umbrellas, foldable chairs, strollers, walkers and wheelchairs
- Prohibited: glass products/articles, scooters, motorbikes, bicycles, drugs/narcotics, any object (parasol, stepladder or cane) that can be considered dangerous for other visitors to the event by the surveillance services, projectiles or explosives in solid, liquid or gaseous form, flammable products or materials, gas cylinders, aerosol cans, pyrotechnic articles, any weapon or dangerous object, pets (guide dogs for the visually impaired are allowed with prior approval from the circuit).
Need to Know
- Tune into Radio Grand Prix in English, French and Dutch on 99.1 FM and 104.5 FM
- WiFi is free at the track, but the network may be slow at peak times. Connect to the “CircuitSpa_free” network
- No ATMs are located at the circuit. Whilst you can pay for merchandise and some food/drink with cards, we do recommend bringing along some Euros.
- Click here to download maps and useful information about getting to the circuit.
- Click here for more information about trackside parking and to buy tickets.
- More information about the best ways to get to Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps: 2019 Belgian Grand Prix - Getting Around Guide.
The main hub for trackside entertainment at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps is located close to the iconic Eau Rouge corner. Here you’ll find the F1 Fanzone with a big stage, the F1 Store, various challenges and displays and some of the best food and drink stalls at the circuit - not to mention some pretty tasty views of the Eau Rouge and Raidillon corners!
The Formula 1 action at Spa-Francorchamps kicks off on Friday with two 90-minute practice sessions from 11:00-12:30 (FP1) and 15:00-16:30 (FP2). A third 60-minute practice session (FP3) is on Saturday from 12:00-13:00 before qualifying from 15:00-16:00. The lights go out on the 2019 Belgian Grand Prix on Sunday at 15:10.
Three support categories will be in action at the Belgian Grand Prix this year: Formula 2, Formula 3 and Porsche Supercup. The next generation of F1 superstars in FIA Formula 2 and Formula 3 compete in two races on Saturday and Sunday respectively. Both are not to be missed for close racing! All three series will also be on track for practice and qualifying sessions at various times over the weekend.
Please note that the event timetable is subject to change. Please check Formula1.com for updates.
Thursday 29 August
|Promoter Activity||Public Pit Lane Walk||16:00-18:00|
|F1 Experiences||Exclusive Pit Lane Walk & Guided Track Tour*||18:00-19:30|
*Starter, Trophy, Hero & Premier Ticket Packages only.
Friday 30 August
|Formula 3||Practice Session||09:35-10:20|
|Formula 1||First Practice Session (FP1)||11:00-12:30|
|Formula 2||Practice Session||13:00-13:45|
|Formula 1||Second Practice Session (FP2)||15:00-16:30|
|Formula 2||Qualifying Session||16:55-17:25|
|GP3 Series||Qualifying Session||17:50-18:20|
|Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup||Practice Session||18:45-19:30|
Saturday 31 August
|Promoter Activity||Heritage Demonstration Laps||09:35-09:50|
|Formula 3||First Race||10:35-11:20|
|Formula 1||Third Practice Session (FP3)||12:00-13:00|
|Porsche Supercup||Qualifying Session||13:25-13:55|
|Formula 1||Qualifying Session||15:00-16:00|
|Formula 2||First Race||16:45-17:50|
|Formula 1||Fan Forum||18:00-19:00|
Sunday 1 September
|Formula 3||Second Race||09:45-10:30|
|Formula 2||Second Race||11:15-12:05|
|Promoter Activity||Jacky Ickx Laps||13:00-13:10|
|Formula 1||Drivers' Track Parade||13:30-14:00|
|Promoter Activity||Starting Grid Presentation||14:00-14:15|
|Formula 1||2019 Belgian Grand Prix||