We are proud to announce that 1991 CART PPG Indy Car World Series Champion Michael Andretti will be the special guest for our Lunch With A Legend at this year’s United States Grand Prix.
The son of 1978 Formula 1® World Champion Mario, Michael Andretti has carved out an impressive career of his own, scoring wins in a record 15 consecutive CART/IndyCar seasons. After winning the 1991 CART PPG Indy Car World Series, Andretti completed one season in Formula 1 for McLaren as teammate to Ayrton Senna, recording a best finish of third in the Italian Grand Prix.
Since retiring from driving, Andretti has served as the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Andretti Autosport, which has won four IndyCar Series championships and five Indianapolis 500 races. He also oversees the career of his son Marco, the third generation of Andretti racers, who has established himself as a leading IndyCar runner.
Join Michael Andretti at Circuit of The Americas this October!
Access to the Lunch With A Legend on Friday 19 October includes a gourmet lunch, open bar with champagne, beer, wine and soft drinks, and a Q&A with Michael Andretti. To secure your place, get your Driver Ticket Package or buy à la carte access to this exclusive event.
Michael Andretti Career Highlights
- 1991 CART PPG Indy Car World Series champion
- Five-time CART championship runner-up
- Ranks third all-time in Indy car wins (42)
- 32 career pole positions
- Led 6,692 laps in 330 career starts
- Scored at least one win in 15 consecutive seasons
- Voted 2001 CART Most Popular Driver
- Was a 2002 inductee into the National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame and a 2008 inductee into the Motorsport Hall of Fame of America
- Was inducted into both the Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum in 2012