There’s never a shortage of things to do in Austin, and 2019 United States Grand Prix weekend is no exception! Here’s your guide to the best parties, concerts, festivals and sports vents happening in the Texas capital on race weekend.
This year's United States Grand Prix coincides with Halloween, which means themed parties will be breaking out all over the city! Celebrate the Mexican "Día de los Muertos" (Day of the Dead) with the Texas Fireworks Día de los Muertos Celebration on 31 October at Krieg Softball Complex. The Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-In is also showing Halloween-themed files until 31 October such as the Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Exorcist and Beetlejuice.
Away from the trackside concerts by Imagine Dragons, Pink and Kool & The Gang, the self-proclaimed “Live Music Capital of the World” offers live music to suit all tastes on Grand Prix weekend. Head to 6th street and Red River for the biggest concentration of music venues, or get your tickets in advance for one of the following concerts:
- Sunday 27 October: Wilco at Moody Theater
- Tuesday 29 October: Melvins at Mohawk
- Tuesday 29 October: Stiff Little Fingers at Barracuda
- Friday 1 November: The Chainsmokers at the Frank Erwin Center, University of Texas
- Friday 1 November: Tegan & Sara at the Paramount Theater
- Friday 1 November: KC & The Sunshine Band at Brushy Creek Amphitheater
- Saturday 2 November: Ray LaMontagne at Austin City Limits
- Film buffs will be well looked after in Austin during race week with the Austin Film Festival taking place at various venues throughout the city from 24-31 October. For something different,
- If you can make it to town the weekend before the 2019 USGP, Banger's Oktoberfest party on Rainey Street (26-28 October) is well worth a look for special events, concerts and competitions all weekend. A special Oktoberfest menu includes Bavarian staples such as schnitzels, spaetlze and weisswurst. If you miss out on the Oktoberfest party, Bangers offer a regular menu with over 30 types of sausage and 100 different beers on tap! The similarly themed Wurstfest, a celebration of all things German (including sausages of course) takes place out of town at New Braunfels, Texas from 1-10 November.
- South African comedy sensation and host of The Daily Show, Trevor Noah, will be performing three comedy gigs on race weekend (1-2 November) at the Bass Concert Hall. More details here.
- Chris Fairbanks performs at Cap City Comedy club every night from 31 October to 2 November while the Coldtowne Theater runs its regular standup comedy showcase Live at Coldtowne on Friday 1 November.
- Ice Hockey: Texas Stars vs San Antonio Rampage at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park on Friday 1 November. Buy tickets here.
- Men's Basketball: Texas Longhorns vs North Colorado Bears at the Erwin Center on Tuesday 5 November. Buy tickets here.
Don’t forget to also check out our 2019 United States Grand Prix Travel Guide. Official USGP Ticket Packages from F1 Experiences include select grandstands or VIP hospitality and exclusive additional benefits. The race is coming up on 31 October to 3 November 2019.